Sunday 29 December 2013

2013 Completed Goals?

So this post is kinda going to be a two part post. At the start of last year I compiled a list of things I wanted to do in 2013, I made the list and put it into a tab at the top of my blog, see here!
I knew by putting it into a space like that I would reference to it often and try to complete as many as possible. 

The reason this will be a two-parter is because I plan on doing the same for 2014, so stay tuned till later to see an updated list. 

So let's see how many I completed and how many I didn't...


  • Get to a weight I'm happy with
  • This didn't exactly happen. I exercised a lot more than a normal year this year, but it was often I  bursts, next year I plan to stick to a regime. 
  • Go abroad
  • Complete. I went to Marbella. 
  • Go to Paris
  • Incomplete. I went on a road trip all the way across France though. Paris is definitely in store for next year. 
  • Go to a festival
  • Yes. Holi One Colour Festival was definitely one of the more memorable points of the year. I  very glad I did it.
  • Go to the beach lots in summer
  • Complete. I probably went between 5-10 times. 
  • Have a BBQ
  • I had far more than anticipated.
  • Go to an Aquarium
  • We spontaneously visited an aquarium on our anniversary in Brighton. 
  • Go to Blackpool pleasure beach
  • Incomplete. We sadly didn't venture anywhere further north than the Midlands this year.
  • Visit the Lake District
  • Didn't do this, but it's still somewhere I'd like to visit.
  • Go to a Safari park
  • Visit a zoo
  • Two things I've been banging on about to my boyfriend all year, but we've never gotten round to doing.
  • Go to a comedy show
  • Jason Manford and Stephen K Amos. Check.
  • Go on the London Eye
  • Considering I've lived in London for 2 years and Chris has been here his whole life, we had both never been on the London Eye. Although I'm very scared of heights this was something I'm glad I did.
  • Have a picnic in the park 
  • For the first time in God knows how long, summer in England was actually pretty good. So I spent plenty of time having picnics in the park.
  • Dress up for Halloween
  • I dressed as a bloody snow white as I gave my original costume to my sister as hers wasn't delivered on time. It counts right?
  • Go to a fancy dress party
  • Does Halloween count?
  • Make an EBay account 
  • Something I've been putting off for years! Okay so I didn't actually create my own, but I equally use my boyfriend's account. Before our holiday we put loads of old stuff on, definitely glad I did that.
  • Get my own place, or one with Chris
  • Quite a complicated one but incomplete. Moving out is more difficult than anticipated. We hope to early in the new year though.
  • Get a full time job 
  • Again. No. I was in a job I loved that was part time up until July then got thrown right into another part time job straight away. Hopefully this will change soon. 
  • Have a new years kiss
  • Incomplete so far. But I have new years plans and will be with my boyfriend so I'm sure I will complete this.
  • Get a summer party house for a week
  • Something again, we talked about a lot but never got round to.
  • Conquer a fear
  • Flying. I flew for the first time this year and was terrified! Very glad I finally did it.
  • Adopt an animal (cat or dog)
  • Sadly not.
  • Go got London Dungeons & Madame Tussades
  • London Dungeons. Check. Madame Tuassades, maybe next year? 

    And that's that. More than I thought I'd complete. Some will be rolling around to next year's list, some won't. I'm glad I wrote it all out though, it's sometimes nice to see what you've achieved. I'll be back later with my new and improved goals for 2014! Stay tuned.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment