Thursday 14 November 2013

Winter Reading (Part 1)

Slightly different post today, but this time of year, when all the summer fun has finally settled down and you find yourself with much more time on your hands, I find there is nothing better than snuggling up at home with a hot chocolate and a good book.

I've decided to do this post in parts because I'm always reading on my Kindle and discovering new books, so whenever I read another good book I'll be sure to recommend.

So this brings me to this, some of my favourite book recommendations, if you're struggling to find something new to read in your spare time, here are some of my favourite reads that you will hopefully enjoy to. 

Firstly, Dorothy Koomson...
I first read my first Dorothy Koomson book probably around 6 years ago, and I read My Best Friend's Girl which at the time I think was quite popular and I think a best seller. My sister lent it to me and I loved it and wanted to read more from this writer. 

Six years on and I think I've read all but two of her books. 
Some of my favourites being Ice Cream Girls which was later adapted into a TV series. This book is slightly dark and quite a mature read, it's about two girls accused of murder of their school teacher. It's a great read and I would highly recommend it.


I would also recommend the most recent one I read which is The Rose Petal Beach, again quite a dark book to read, but also very relatable and gripping, probably one of the best books I've ever read.


Another writer I am loving right now is Diane Chamberlain, I first read one of her books around 2 years ago and loved it! 

That book being, Before the Storm, this is an excellent book, very relatable characters and a very gripping story about a disabled boy who is accused of murder, I would highly recommend. 


Then there's the sequel to Before the Storm, Secrets she left Behind, again another fantastic book, if you enjoyed the first book, you'll really enjoy the second book. 


So that's all for now, let me know if you have read any of these and your thoughts on them. Also let me know what you're reading right now!
Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment