Monday 13 May 2013

I hate goodbyes...

 When I moved to London back in October 2011 I was fortunate enough to find an amazing job which I still love and to work with some of the best people I've ever been lucky enough to meet. I work at a small place with about 9/10 other people from all over the world and since working there people have came and gone but mostly, the people that worked there when I started, are all still there and we have gotten so close and I would actually consider them to be my friends.

What I loved most about the people I work with is that they are from all over the world, they are constantly teaching me new things and I love it.

However, about 6 months ago one of the guys, Ravi (who I am probably the closest to out of everyone) mentioned that his Visa was going to expire soon and he had to move back to India. He said he was leaving in May, which, at the time seemed like ages away. But unfortunately, the time flew by and last week we were out having Ravi's leaving do. 

Last Saturday was Ravi's last shift.
It was one of the saddest moments ever saying goodbye to him, it didn't feel real. The thought that I'll probably never see one of the nicest, and most geniune people I've ever met is heartbreaking.

I know that in life people will always come and go but when it comes down to it, it's a painful experience. I've lost many people in my 20 years of life, and it's not always nice. If you know me at all you will know that I really struggle to make friends because I find it impossible to trust people, and truthfully it's really hard to come across geniunley good people these days.

I hope that he will come back one day, or if I ever get the opportunity to visit India I hope we cross paths again.
Goodbyes are always hard, but hopefully this time it's not a goodbye forever.
I'm truly going to miss him a lot and I'm so thankful to have worked with him and became good friends with him over the past couple of years.

I hope we'll meet again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment