Friday 28 November 2014

10 Things I am Thankful For

1. My Family
I'm fortunate enough to come from a big family, and my immediate family in particular are very close. I am very thankful for every single one of them.

2. My Boyfriend
I am lucky enough to have found love at such a young age, I met Chris almost 7 years ago and we got on straight away, we got closer and closer over the years and around 3 years ago we started dating. I couldn't imagine a more loving, kind person to spend my time with.

3. My Friends
Moving to a new city is difficult, especially a city as big as London. Finding and making friends is even more difficult, especially genuine friends, I haven't found a lot, but I am so grateful for the ones I do have.

4. My Home
I am 21 and living in Central London with my boyfriend, something I never thought possible but always dreamed of. I am so thankful to always have my own place to come home to. A roof over my head is something I try to be thankful for every single day.

5. Mine and my loved ones health
Another thing I cherish every day is my health and my loved ones' health. 
I see and hear of sick people all of the time and my heart breaks for them, I am so thankful that everybody that I love is in good health.

6. The place I grew up
As much as I love London, sometimes it's nice to get away, I am lucky enough to still have all of my family living where I grew up. A small town surrounded in country side, I love visiting home, I fall in love with the place more and more now that I am older. 

7. London
A strange one to add I know. But I am very grateful for this chapter of my life. I don't know how long I will live in London but I know that when I do move away, it will be a place I look back at fondly. I'm grateful to have this experience, to be living in a city that many people would love to live in. To experience all that London has to offer, it's a dream.

8. The material things 
Another strange one I know, and I don't mean to sound shallow or materialistic. But in my life I feel I work hard to earn a few luxury's in life that I know others can't. I will say that nothing has ever been handed to me, my parents never spoilt me or anything like that, and I've worked for everything that I own. But I am lucky enough to have everything I need and sometimes want and I am thankful for that.

9. The little things
Sometimes it's not the big things that make me happy, I so happy for the little things in life, an extra hour in bed, the sun shining through my window, advent calenders at Christmas when you're an adult, coming home to a clean house. There's so many little things in life that I'm so grateful for and that make me so happy to be alive.

10. You
For every single person that has ever read the rubbish that I have to say. Sometimes I just come here to rant and don't expect anybody to read it, but I'm thankful for those of you who do, so thank you!

I wanted to do this post in honor of thanksgiving, I know us Brits don't celebrate it, but it's nice to sometimes take a step back and look around you and be grateful for what you have.
Feel free to share what you're thankful for, I would love to have a read.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post especially when you don't celebrate thanksgiving. Sometimes it saddens me with the US which where I live that we are celebrating everything we are grateful for and then a few hours later we rush out to black friday sales and fight people for deals.
    I'm thankful for my family , my job, and my blog.
    xx, Jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete