Monday 22 April 2013

It gets better...


I really wanted to write a bit of a rambling post today about this picture that I came across earlier which really meant something to me.

If you've read my blog for the past 3 and a half years you will know that I used to kinda treat my blog like a diary, (as embarrassing as it is to read back on, I don't want to delete it because it contains some old times which at that point in my life, were very significant.) As rarely as I do, I sometimes like to go back and see what I was doing on this day last year, or the year before etc. and I like to reflect on how far I've come.

One of the hardest and unhappiest years for me was 2010, which at that time I was blogging very regularly so many of my posts were written when I was in a bad mood or sad or just generally in a bad place which I was in for quite a while.

However in 2011 I decided to no longer be that unhappy person, I did everything I could to move away from the place I was unhappy, I finished sixth form, where I was unhappy and I came out of a bad relationship. 
Towards the end of 2011 I moved to London, got a new job, new lifestyle and started seeing my current boyfriend (who makes me extremely happy). 

As of right now, I'm in a very healthy, stable and happy relationship, I have a job that I love, I'm living the city I always wanted to live in and I'm surrounded by good people. 

This brings me back to the quote, things will always get better.
No matter how bad your problems are or what you're going through, I think that if you want something bad enough you can get it, and if you be patient, good things are waiting to happen to all of us. 

I definitely believe everything happens for a reason and every bump in your life makes you an even stronger person, 2 and a half years ago I was in a very bad place with no hope or motivation for my future, but I stuck at sixth form and I got away from everything negative and bad in my life and finally found happiness. 

I hope if you read this and if you are in a bad place, that you don't give up on what you want. I hope you look forward and remember that it will all get better eventually! 

Hope you're all having a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment